View Single Post
Originally Posted by mk500
Everyone seems to think the problem is with the hardware (e.g. needs more RAM). In fact, it's just a software issue, and Nokia developers will eventually fix it.

64MB is plenty of RAM for a device like this. I have a similar PDA running linux that also has 64MB RAM. I recently opened 7 applications simultaneously and browsed for several hours without problems (Opera, Netfront, Excel compat. app, Word compat. app, PDF viewer, GAIM, and Console). I haven't had an "out of memory" error on that device in years.
I hope you are right, but this "test website" that I am using is very graphics heavy and a bit extreme case. Could you do a little testing for me with your other PDA?

Please open website http://www.dpreview.com and from reviews (left menu) choose Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II review, and choose "27 Samples" from listbox. Open one of the sample picture clicking link "Original". Can you now open another browser and open another sample picture simultaneously with it? 770 can now handle one sample picture (with previous firmware it couldn't, without extreme sluggishness).