View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
BTW, how is the "official" Mapbox GL plugin API compared to "our" custom MapboxGL element API ? Is it 1:1 match feature wise ?
From the brief look, it seems to have all features our plugin has. At least on 5.11 level. However, 5.9 seems to have backported Mapbox GL plugin as well, so it should be fine as well.

I would kinda fear the API is dumbed down to account for all the other plugins but (the QtLocation API, especially in the QtQuick 1.0 times was not very good). Or is it possibly the other way around (eq. we are missing some features they have ?).
While general interface is maybe dumbed down, there is an access to Mapbox GL specific constructs too.

That's definitely the only sensible way. It looks like they are working on QtLocation 5.9:
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/...n/tree/mer-5.9
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/...n/tree/mer1911

But who knows in which for it will actually be available, which plugins will work and if it will finally be whitelisted for Jolla Store apps.
Thanks for links. I asked at their pull request regarding packaging, let's see what they will reply.

BTW, thinking about it, would it be possible that the MapBoxGL plugin could be built with your updated GCC toolchain and still work with QtLocation 5.9 once available ?

That way there would still be a custom dependency that needs to be installed, but the custom element would not have to be maintained anymore & it would simplify desktop porting compatibility.
Sure, the custom plugin works on 5.9 and probably later too. I am using it on PC.

Definitely thanks for the heads-up! While I think I'll just start with our current known-working solution, it's definitely good to explore other options (technically, the modRana codebase could be now able to support both if really really needed ).

I don't know I understand this ? You mean in modRana, the custom MapBoxGL plugin on Poor/Whogo/Pure maps code ?
I met mainly tile caching/downloading code in modRana . But if you want to keep backward compatibility, all is needed. As for raster tiles, they are supported by Mapbox GL too.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: