View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
At least for me (and I guess that's true for wicket too), getting Linux to run on it is part of the "gaming experience", maybe even the most important part of it.
Naw. I remember those days very well. I got Linux on my Compaq iPaq 2210, my 1st Gen 5GB Apple iPod, so forth. Was fun while it lasted - putting Linux everywhere.

But I didn't see it as gaming. I did see triumph. Different take on doing the same thing decades later.

It is fun to see if you can do it and it's fun to figure out how to solve problems along the way - solving actual technical problems, not fiddling with spanners the manufacturer has thrown in your works intentionally.
Totally!

Now I'm starting to see your gaming analogy...

If you've played with model railways or Lego during your childhood you might know the feeling:
Building up the tracks and landscapes or the cars and spaceships is the actual fun. Playing with the finished thing beyond the stage of mere function testing gets boring pretty quickly.
Okay. I'm sold. I totally get your point and agree... definitely a "game" of sorts.

Oh, and on the point of EULAs:
Just remember that every time you accept one of those, the licensor slaughters a little kitten!
Too bad you didn't say puppy. I don't really care for cats

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: