View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Yay MartinK!
Sorry for not responding earlier, thanks for concidering the gauge

Please stop wasting time on debugging silly opengl. I will rewrite the gauge using pure qml. The code will be much longer but i can generate nearly the same design using RadialGradiant applied to a thick line.
Yeah, I was thinking it would be probably possible to implement it with some QtQuick transformation instead of shaders.

Its just that i found the Shader thingy to be quite elegent but if it crashes, it crashes.
I don't have the SFOS Sdk installed so all i do is prototype in qmlscene. Sorry for letting you run into such an alpha stage problem.
No problem really. BTW, I also don't have the Sailfish OS SDK installed & run everything via qmlscene during development, even on Sailfish OS. On desktop, qmlscene is actually the regular way of launching modRana, so any widgets have to work with it.

Also on AsteroidOS we had problems with a watchface employing shaders that would not display on a single watch only, the sony tetra. After quite some debug kido decided to simply hide the watchface for tetra :/
My guess would be that this is due to the overall sorry state of mobile Open GL drivers. I remember other issues, such as old Open GL on Jolla 1 preventing reasonable debugging of Mapbox GL native crashes or some article I've read from the Dolphin emulator developers where they wrote aqbout all the horrible drivers they have to work around on various Android devices.

Lets see when i get back to coding, i guess tomorrow evening.
Thanks! :-)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: