Thread: [SailfishOS] [WIP] cameraplus for Sailfish OS
View Single Post
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
One way to give a hint is to bump the menu a few pixels inside the screen each time the mode switch button is pressed (a smooth animation but not more than 1 second, only in and quickly out, to not disturb when pushing it was the real goal). That way, it becomes known that there is "something" in the vicinity. Knowing the menu moves to the left to appear, and that it happen while pressing the mode button, is shouldn't involve too much tries before getting to it !

Also, the video mode could be added to the list. That way, if someone gets in the menu, he can still go to video and is not blocked, if it was not clear for him that pushing it was the "correct" way to do.

My 0.02€...

PS: By the way your application looks good, I only discovered it now !
Welcome

Video mode is already down there

You have a nice idea but the more I think about the current mode switching (Sliding the dialog), the more I realize it does not blend with the overall UX.

I guess the best thing I can do is to add another button to show all the available modes. I do not like it but it might be the only option if I cannot figure out something else.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post: