View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Basically, I ran rm -r /foo and by the time I realized that /home was mounted under /foo/bar and pressed Ctrl-C, I ended up with a messed up phone. It is mostly working (some apps crash on start, but the essential ones seem fine), but the theme and most icons are gone. It still displays the text under the icons but no icons. The few apps that do work show up without the title bar, the system and power menus show up as square grey buttons like in Windows 3, fonts are reduced to size 2... you get the idea. Reinstalling individual apps does not bring their icons back. I am out of storage on my PC for a backup and reflash but I can do that if push comes to shove. Of course, I would prefer if there was a better way.

I am not worried about the icons. I can bring them back from a vanilla image. But the theme is a different thing. Reinstalling alpha did not help. I thought of installing beta and switching there and back to see if it helps but I can't switch themes. Settings show up but do not react to buttons. Is there a way to do it by some other way? Or does anyone have a better idea?

I tried a quick search and found this case which is a bit similar but no solution.

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-04-22 at 08:23. Reason: Changed subject to better fitting

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: