View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Cons Pyra:
  • - It might be a bit bulky
It might be indeed . . .

I so very, very, very, much want a device to follow my N900. I look at the Neo900, which is an amazing effort from that team, but also so unfortunately behind the state of the art. (And so expensive. . . . Not that I wouldn't buy one if I didn't have to sell one of the kids to do so. I'd spend it if I could, but I just can't. Really, I would.)

So I look at the Pyra. Wow. Again, such an amazing effort, but unless my eyes and sense of scale deceive me, so very, very, big. Especially the thickness dimension. The N900 with an Otterbox was big enough to wear a hole in my jeans pocket -- this looks considerably thicker.

Don't get me wrong: I'm amazed (impressed, astounded, flabbergasted) by the work these teams have done. But sadly, our community of consumers of a N900 successor just doesn't seem to attract the attention of manufacturer with the deep pockets to fund a design team that can create a state-of-the-art 2015 device at a price point I can justify. That stuff's expensive to do -- I understand.

Again, no one should interpret this as a disparagement of the Neo900 or Pyra teams' work. I'm nothing but impressed. I'm just selfishly disappointed in the (market-wise) small number of potential consumers for such a product that I so badly desire.

And one more time: kudos to the Pyra team! If I can find suitable pants for your product, I may buy one yet. (And Neo900 guys, if those pants have $1000 in the pockets, I'll get one of yours, too.)

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: