View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Letsee View Post
It was done by abusive moderator, who got personal issue with me. No names, as I'm in contact with Board officials, already, and I hope for this issue to being resolved soon.
You do know it's against TMO rules to start a second account when you've been banned, right? If you have a grievance, there are proper channels to take (not the Board), as you should well know having been Council. Even if you personally feel it was unjust, by creating a second account you've shown disregard for the process here.

Disgraceful.

I would be extremely thankful, if you would not try to disgrace my projects
I can't imagine doing sabotage for someone's community projects,
I said nothing about the merit of your projects. I simply confirmed that you have been trying to raise funds from the community for personal tools for your projects. Anyone reading through your own comments on the aluminum back project thread can verify that.

FWIW: Community projects involve giving things back to the community, or delivering a product or service to the community. I take no issue with those asking for donations when they deliver such things. But to be clear, as there has been nothing delivered, months of inactivity, and the only person benefiting from anything done is you, I'm not seeing this as a "community" project.

Next time you try to accuse someone of stealing people's donations
Your words, not mine. I never accused you of stealing anyone's donations. I accused you of abusing the community for your personal gain. One example of that abuse would be the abusive language in the signature that's now gone. Another would be your abuse of Council e-mail in the first week you became Council, it to get parts from Maxim.

For those not in the know, Maxim gives free/discounted parts to NFP groups, "verified" mainly via a .org or .edu e-mail address. Estel used the Council e-mail address as "verification" for requests for motors, likely for his personal CNC device. What he oddly didn't expect was that they would e-mail a verification link, with the order details, to that address (and thus all of Council).

As this was the first week of Council, the rest of us admonished him for this stupid abuse. We made sure it was clear to him, despite his stance that this was perfectly fine for him to do, that we considered it unprofessional to do such things and it would not be tolerated again. This being the first of many infractions, there seemed no need to mention it to the community, so we simply moved on with the business of doing Council work.

As time moved on, the abuse became more systemic. Private admonishment by the rest of Council seemed to be ineffective. I began publicly admonishing him for his negative public behavior. His early rant in the community mailing list against MisterC, and his explosions in IRC with Joerg, for example. I figured a public admonishment may correct the behavior via community/peer pressure, and would let the community at large know that this was not something condoned by Council. In doing so, I was also admonish by Council for "airing dirty laundry", despite most of them agreeing with my underlying sentiment.

Moderator note: If anyone/moderators doubt that the above is factual, I would be happy to present proof that these incidents occurred. I have in my archives the e-mail from Maxim, complete with the order number and details which can be looked up on their order site for independent verification. I also have a full archive of the exchange just after that within Council on the topic (and many others). The community mailing list and IRC channels are already archived, so finding those incidents is a simple as searching their respective archives.

Last edited by woody14619; 2012-11-06 at 20:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: