View Single Post
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I was referring to what I know, i.e. wiki will not be migrated. It seems I miss something, would you point me to your source of information.
Can't do, as it was "somewhere in some thread", which means that a) I may be wrong, totally, b)I may be right, but unable to find sources, due to mess in documenting it.

All of above wouldn't be a problem, if "roadmap" would be wiki'dized.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Bullsh|t. Even I am aware of those docs and can find them in a matter of minutes. Not that I feel a need to do it, there were people I trust to discuss and change them. And usually I tend to stand away from legal stuff and paperwork.
Sure thing - everything can be done with enough effort put into it, even using clay plate and stick to write them, then share via professional runners. Although, I'm quite sure, that we want to make it easier to participate, not harder.

Not everyone reads TMO religiously. Not everyone is so fluent at those things. Not everyone read it periodically, yet still, even after week, two, or more of absence, he should be able to easily find latest revision of bylaws, in one place.

This, + your own example with migrating wiki, is good reason why standard tools of Free (as in freedom), collaborative development aiding tools should be used. In our possession, should tool is a Wiki.
---

From a different barrel of vine - I can't imagine losing all of knowledge from wiki, during migration. But it's rather a thing for "Ask the Board" thread, than bylaws one.

/Estel

// Edit

to be understood correctly - my points about using wiki are purely meritocratic, I'm not accusing anyone of doing it wrong. Woody stated, that he was seriously ill, and it's more than enough explanation why something wasn't done, when we're talking about volounteer.

Of course, it could be also done by others (which I did by starting bylaws page on wiki) - just no one did it before. In my opinion, it's a result of bad/very bad "collaborative work motivation/management" from current Council, which I highlighted few times (irritating some zealots), but a) it isn't directly related to work on bylaws, so doesn't belong here b) topic became too much "political", to discuss it without personal antagonisms, sadly.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-11-03 at 11:28.