View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I started my first qml project. It just shows a list of all your contacts and enables you to add them to the app-launcher grid.

Things that work

- The contacts get added to the app-grid and launch the contact card.

Things that do not work

- You can't delete them (except manually, via filebox or terminal. They are located in /home/user/.local/share/applications and the names are contactxxxxx.desktop)
- If you close the contact card and try to open it again immediately it doesn't. I don't think I can do something about it, as the shortcut is just a .desktop file with a dbus-send command. The flaw seems that while and a few seconds after shutting down the contacts app ignores dbus calls.

Things that I plan to implement

- Sorted List DONE
- Delete button DONE
- Searchable List POSTPONED

Things I would like to implement but I don't think I will find enough time to (help is welcome - source code coming soon)

- Squircle icons for the contacts DONE
- Native delete by long-pressing POSTPONED
- Quick SMS
- Availability icon

The app is now in the store.

http://store.ovi.com/content/222418
http://store.ovi.mobi/content/222418

It is priced at 1€ excluding taxes. If you think it's useful please support it. I am leaving the old version here to give you a little incentive to buy the paid one.

Screenshots:

update v1.2

Now the contacts are squircles, like the rest of the app icons

Code:
There are reports for a bug where the square icons created with version 1.1 cannot be deleted with the new version. We will check why it's happening and issue an update. For the time being you can either delete all shortcuts before updating, just to be sure, or, if you already updated and the issue affects you, delete all files of type contactXXX.desktop located in /home/user/.local/share/applications/ with FileBox or your favorite file manager. .local is a hidden folder and you have to enable hidden folders from the options.

Next version (1.3) will have a failsafe 'Delete All' button but this should be available in about 2 weeks time.
Update - now with direct dial

I don't know, the heading above says it all. You can now choose a contact and add a squircle for quickdial. It is distinguished by a small green phone icon in the corner.
Attached Files
File Type: deb quickapp_0.0.1_armel.deb (110.5 KB, 204 views)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-01-31 at 21:24.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: