View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I will try to help with French, which I just requested on transifex. If you have time to add it to the list, I'll try to work out most of it this weekend.

I'll also take a look on the Linux-side code (not Sailfish for now), to see if I can help there or not.
Thanks for letting me know re transifex request - for some reason they notify me by email a day or two later. All accepted and should be ready.

Re Linux: Any help would be great! Few questions regarding it:

* Do you use server in Linux? If so, then I have to expose map downloading via command line options. Otherwise, its impossible to use it right now.

* On Linux side of things, there is a lot to be done on the backend libraries - libosmscout and geocoder. Its probably easier to start work on libosmscout since its a bigger community with different OS support and more help on the lists. geocoder though is a small code base, but it maybe not as well documented.

Additional note for users: @ade has been hit by a bug leading to OOM-killer on J1. Current suspicion is that the writing and uncompressing operations are slower that network download leading to accumulation of data in the buffers. Bug was exposed during libpostal dataset download which does contain a huge file. Issue was opened at https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/89 and I hope to resolve it within few days.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: