View Single Post
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Argh, I had send in my Jolla for service to Finland.See here.
They actually had to change mainboard because it was completely dead. So I had it back now for three weeks or so,everything set up again, as far as possible since I didn't have a full backup and only an older one from backup function.
Last week I found it on my table stuck on boot screen. This time I could get into recovery mode, but...

I thought, the option in that menu are actually to be used! Naah, almost everytime I tried something, it disconnected telnet. An everytime I tried again, I made it worse. factory-@ was broke pretty early maybe even form the beginning.

Yesterday I finally got around to make my own image file from the remaining pieces, while adding missing pieces from /@ which I thought were part of the original image (mostly translations). It seems, it was not enough to be recovered Tar complained about errors while packing and unplacking as well.

I am proud to at least make it to the next stage: It went from bootloop to "trying to revover file system" but ends at "please seek service".

Could someone help me out with advice or even factory-@? factory-@home seems to be OK. I understand, these parts don't contain personal information as with the other 2 subvolumes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post: