View Single Post
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
@wormdrummer - I don't know, it's early days yet since Smoku stopped developing it. I hope somebody else does take it further. RobertMe certainly seemed interested, and we don't know whether he's stopped, hit a hurdle, just been busy...
I'm still alive I've started working on my own Pebble app/daemon. Currently this daemon is (only) capable off:
  • Adding and removing timeline pins based on the Jolla Calendar
  • Adding timeline pins for email[1], SMS, missed call
  • Showing and removing [2] notifications for email[1], SMS, missed call, Android WhatsApp [3]
  • Sending apps to the watch when they get requested [4]
  • Running some apps which need to run code on the phone (for internet access, positioning/GPS et cetera) [5]

[1] Details are shown for every single email, based on the new events view of SFOS 2, instead of the "X new emails" of Smokus Pebbled
[2] When the notification gets read on the phone it is also automatically deleted from the Pebble, while the pin, if there is any, is kept
[3] I've decided not to add timeline pins for WhatsApp as that could become a lot
[4] There is yet no support for actually installing apps on the Pebble, but if the app is installed and I put the installation file in a directory on the phone the watch is able to "download" it from the phone.
[5] Support isn't on par with Smokus Pebbled yet, but the missing bits are minor, and shouldn't hurt running most apps.

Some things which still need to happen before I can make a (public) release:
  • Automatic reconnect, it the bluetooth connection is lost it isn't reestablished yet
  • Creating a UI [1]
  • Bugfixing, bugfixing, bugfixing [2]

[1] This will be a lot of work, as I then also need to be able to have some form of communication between the app/UI and the daemon, which I didn't start working on yet.
[2] For example when I receive multiple WhatsApp messages quickly after each other I don't get a notification, or it is immediately removed again

Afterwards I would then be able to work on things like music control, call/phone control, app store support.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post: