View Single Post
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
EDIT: Looks like I misinterpreted Benny's point. Ignore the below. I'll try again when I'm lucid.

Benny, you seem to assume threads should be mostly static. That is not always the case. The thread in question is perfect evidence. I continue to believe the right move was made in relocating it, and that the joke rename is/was harmless both in intent (certainly when I did it tonight) and deed.

Sometimes a thread plays out, the original premise exhausted, and it mutates into something else. This is not new to the internet (or traditional dialog, either) so I don't get the complaints. I see conversation as a "living thing", prone to organic development and sometimes the bell curve of original thought is peaked and crossed with no real means of climbing back up to it. If a major shift occurs, a good moderator takes several factors into consideration and either closes or repurposes the thread.

I'm not saying that out of sheer stubbornness. I am open to persuasion by the right argument.

Basically, though, I'm looking for a complaint from Dave999 and have not seen one. In this case, his preference is paramount over yours and geneven's. No offense intended.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-05-02 at 11:35.