View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by romu View Post
At a time when more and more companies stop investing in smart watches (Nokia!!), Jolla does the opposite. I wonder if this is good news.
Yeah... No one needs a smart watch. No one even wants a smart watch. Let alone a Sailfish smart watch. The whole point of a smart watch is the integration with your phone. A Sailfish smart watch will integrate with... what exactly? Jolla cannot even make their phones to sync with Exchange or CalDAV properly, who would trust them with yet another potential source of trouble?

No one really wanted the tablet either. Those few who ordered one did it out of brand solidarity, not because they needed it. But you could argue that at least the tablet exercise had the point to show to third parties that Sailfish could scale to that form factor. Is there such a point in favour of a smart watch? I seriously doubt it.

If this rumour is true and they spent the last two years on a smart watch instead of fixing bugs and implementing missing features then I am really disappointed. They are on a runaway train towards a failure and they fully deserve it. Pity.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: