View Single Post
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Hmm i've been thinking that i miss the precise resistive screen. I'm still not sure what people dislike about it but i definitely don't like not being able to use my nail and/or stylus for more accuracy.
Hate resistive because:
1) most resistive screens takes strength to make them respond (N900 is no different)
2) no multi-touch
3) operation involves pen or fingernail, which feels rough and quickly wears out the screen with scratches
4) not durable - if you use it extensively, parts of the screen surface will sink due to pressure, making the system recognize the area as an always-pressing "finger", thus rendering the phone unusable. This has happened to my N900 twice, and replacing the touch panel is the only way out.

Precision is more needed in 4" or smaller screens (I also hate clicking the wrong link on my 4" devices), but as today's stupid trend leads us to unwieldy big smartphones (sigh), precision definitely is going out of sight. Besides, Samsung solves this with their S-Pen

Time to move on. If you can't afford an N950, and don't know how/where to fetch a Jolla, then head for Android reluctantly, or you're stuck. Seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: