View Single Post
Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Well....managed to do it again...although different problem now...hopefully, someone can please advise....If I should start new thread, please let me know...

In order to free up some rootfs space, to try and avoid having App Mgr problems again, I followed all the suggestions in the Wiki article 'Free Up Rootfs Space'...

This includes the one about deleting a bunch of files:

I did all the above, but as instructed, I kept a few of the English related language locales in "/usr/share/locale" such as 'en_US', 'en_UK', etc..

A few minutes ago, I rebooted my N900 and VOILA! now my N900 is showing icon labels, system messages, etc, in another language, not even sure which one, but it isn't English, that I'm sure!

Anyway, went to the Settings app in the System directory, opened it and clicked on the 'cpal_ti_language_and _regio....' item and it opens for a second, and then poof it disappears, then I see the message:

Obviously, I must have deleted at least one item too many....

So, my question is whether there's anyway to fix this or do I need to reflash???

I know that in Debian I would try doing in Terminal

Code:
# dpkg-reconfigure locales
Anything similar to do in Terminal in maemo??

Thanks for any and all advice!!

take off the battery and the sim, insert new sim and reconfigure it on the startup wizard, then put back the first sim again... good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post: