View Single Post
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
..........have you tried...............
Yes I have tried esr and both gtk and qt but still results are the same, mozilla has messed up the code...

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
I have the version installed that comes with CSSU thumb:
17.01a1-maemo-thumb0
How does your build differ from this one?
Will you upload yours to the CSSU.thumb repo?

1.Difference:do u see that suffix (a1)? This means that this version is built from alpha branch and i build only from release branches(stable).
2. I dont know how to and I will not take my time to upload it there, everything is collected in the first post. I will make an exception if Fennec gets noticeably faster than MicroB, which I doubt will ever happen

freemangordon and qwazix are working on porting the Harmattan Fennec with Qt-UI to fremantle. Have you checked out their work?
That UI is supposed to be super fast!

Yes, I did

If you'd like to make greater changes, surely you could help from Mozilla people to find your way around the code?

I want to, but I dont have that time - job, etc...

I can't appreciate how a startup time of 20 secs is fast for you.
On my N900, it feels a good deal slower than MicroB (removed Adblock and AdFlashblock!), be it UI, startup or page load time. Also, it crashes a lot.
What I like about Fennec is it looks good, it has tabs, add-ons are being made for it by mozilla community, it syncs with desktop Firefox etc., the whole shabang that comes with Firefox.
Except all that is ruined by its persistant sssllllllloooooowwwwness...

I meant when you dont have addons(that 20 secs start-up time) Fennec is as faster as MicroB and I made some about:config tweaks that speed up the browser even more

Last edited by tanago; 2013-03-03 at 17:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post: