View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Slate View Post
The Kommersant article tells how Sailfish will be the phone for 8 million government staff by 2021. This transition would cost some 160 bn rubles, ie 2 bn euros, or 250 euros per set.

An intersting bit is here "This amount includes the funds needed to finalize Sailfish, 2.3 billion rubles [28 m euros] from the federal budget. The Ministry of Finance, according to Kommersant, presents a justification for the need to allocate this amount."

Sounds to me that the 3.0 is happening with this contribution by the Russian government.
Sounds like a plan. But no. I do not think that will happen unless these 8 m has the requirment of a basic feature phone. The amount is not enough. The user base is not big enough.

Unless the Russians secretly have lined up the top 5000 developers working with the os, top notch applications an services.

To me this sounds like news scam..
But I would be really impressed if they can squeeze out an useful osES with cool and great and useful services included within 2,5 years! GORUSSIA!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-09-10 at 18:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: