View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yes, but you make it sound like it was the watcher's fault when in fact the watcher is merely a bad cure for a much worse disease. I have also missed calls due to swapping on my N900 when I kept 12(!) apps open for weeks on end. Two of them terminal windows with builds running. The point is the device could handle that. Jolla, with 4 times as much RAM, can't. What the F*** is Jolla doing to waste that much RAM???

You hear clueless voices calling for devices with more RAM. I say throwing more resources at it is not the solution, Sailfish will just swallow them and learn nothing. The only real solution can only be tidying up the code and make it more efficient.

Actually, I maintain that the above paragraph applies in every walk of life, not just software development. Your wife doesn't need more money, she needs to spend less. Your country does not need more power stations, its citizens need to learn to use less energy. We do not need motorways with more lanes, we need fewer cars and more discipline like punishing drivers for unnecessarily staying in the middle lane when the outside lane becomes available. More resources should always be the last solution, not the first.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: