View Single Post
Hi everyone. I've been looking at buying an N900 for about a year now, so I've done quite a bit of research. Initially, I was waiting for something better to be released, but I don't think there is anything. There are phones with better specs, of course, but nothing with better functionality and that's what's important to me. I'm still using a cheapo 2g phone but I think I may need to finally make an upgrade for work. I've done the research, but I'm hoping you guys can help me by verifying one point before I buy:

How is the call recording functionality? I found at least one app that does it, but has anyone here used it recently and can comment on how well it works? This is the main reason for my upgrade, so I want to make sure this works well as I need to record conversations for work. I was going to buy an android phone but all the call recording apps seem to be crappy (the phone has to be on speakerphone, for example) and then I looked at getting an iphone but all the call recording apps got taken down off the app store (typical) and I don't like the idea of being locked inside their walled garden.

If it does work well, where should I buy an n900? I can't find a physical store that still carries it. Are those ones on ebay real or should I be spending $400 or so from some online store? How much is reasonable for a new one?

Thanks.