View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It would be nice if people realized that Jolla is just another company with their own agenda. Not the saviour they want it to be.
It just so happens that their agenda is pretty close to my personal needs. And that's what it's all about, right? Everybody should choose what suits him best. For my brother, that's the iPhone because all he cares about is a pretty UI and the cool. For me, it's a desktop GNU/Linux distribution that runs well on a mobile phone. For others, it's probably Android because they want all those integrated services and don't care too much about what's under the hood.

If you want an OS that's not backed by a company "with their own agenda" (which, for every company, must be to make money), you have to write your own. Given what's already there and what Sailfish is built upon, that's not an impossible task. However, I've been following this market since the ill-fated OpenMoko and I see how difficult it still is. OpenMoko, OpenZaurus, Maemo, MeeGo, Ubuntu Touch, Firefox OS, Moblin... So many failed projects.

It's incredible SailfishOS is still there, that Jolla still manages to push updates out. I really don't care what their "agenda" is. All I know is that would they go out of business, there wouldn't be a real alternative at the moment.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: