View Single Post
Hi stacia,

Sorry - I haven't updated LyX at all and have long since moved on from the days of Maemo unfortunately.

It was a simple recompile with the Maemo QT Libs. I'm sure someone could setup an environment, put up the relevant directories and compile LyX for the platform.

The main difficulty was finding TeX on Maemo. Back in the day the old version was broken which made LyX little more than a front-end (I guess you could use it to edit your work and compile it on a desktop .. but it would have been SO much nicer to have pdf creation on the go.)

It also needed Hildonization ... with right click menus being made into long press menus and the relevant DBus entries setup for menu shortcuts (something I never fully understood how to do since my version would be unexpectedly cleaned up...) The project plans were to Hildonize the entire GUI at some point. I made a little headway but lost everything in a hard disk crash.

Sorry for the info. I ought to update the thread!

If anyone wants the Garage space let me know and I'll try and transfer ownership of the empty project space.

The Following User Says Thank You to yabbas For This Useful Post: