View Single Post
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Thanks a lot! That's literally the only combination I *hadn't* tried. Now it's working well, without the need to toggle off 4G! This is great, maybe I was overthinking it. LOL

Still going to monitor ofono and see what happens.

Edit: most of my problems seem to be stemming from the fact that, up until very recently, I had to use the 3G APN's for my area, as some parts of Chicago are heavily saturated on the 4G bands, so I didn't mind resigning to the 3G bands which were actually faster. Hey, this works, and maybe I was wrong about the ofono bug. More of a glitch than a bug, and limited to a very small set of conditions.

Thanks again, @paulwk, and @karlos devel for suggesting it.
Cool!! I'm happy to hear that it's working for you, too. So that seems to be the winning combination for Sailfish on T-Mobile USA: the APN settings above with IPv6 for the MMS protocol. This is just great!

It's interesting that that bug you found only manifests when connected to their other APNs. It must be some weird compatibility issue, though I suppose it doesn't matter now. BTW, I've found that these same APN settings will still work if you are connected to 2G (prefer 2G setting in Settings or with 2G only in US Aqua Fish). Where I live, I only have a weak 2G signal and good 4G -- strangely, there is no 3G available, so not sure about that band.

Hurray for Sailfish on T-Mobile USA. Enjoy your device!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulwk For This Useful Post: