View Single Post
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
It's an ofono bug, I experience the same thing. I'm on SFOS 2.1.2.3 on an Xperia X using T-Mobile in the US (Chicago, city proper).

I'm not sure what triggers the bug, because I can do 3-5 tests before it happens (MMS logger output isn't conclusive), but if I do "pkill mms-engine" from fingerterm or over ssh, it works instantly.

I'm working on a solution, I'm not certain which way I want to go yet, but I'm thinking about changing the way it "hangs up" the connection after sending or receiving... maybe script it so that it pkills mms-engine each time as a workaround, until we can figure out why ofono does this.

I wish I had better news for you, but I've been banging my head against the wall on this one for a while. I'll keep you posted for certain, though.

Edit: at the moment, even a quick toggle to pkill mms-engine will work when MMS isn't functioning, rather than restarting the networking stack or rebooting. I'll update with progress as it comes.

Edit: some progress (16:57 Central time): I've been able to reproduce the bug. I sent 10 test messages to myself, sent and received successfully, then put the screen to sleep. When I woke the device, I was unable to send or receive again. I pkill'ed mms-engine, and sent 5 test messages to myself, sent and received successfully, then put the phone to sleep. When I woke the device, I was unable to send or receive again. I did this again several times, with varied message amounts, to verify that the putting the device to sleep with the power button is indeed what triggers the bug.

So, the bug *is* reproducible, and I've at least narrowed it down. I'm going to see if there's some way I can script it to pkill mms-engine when the device wakes or sleeps, just as a temporary workaround.

Last edited by deprecated; 2017-10-09 at 22:01.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post: