View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
Jolla's phone h/w was never advertised as a top spec phone.
Jolla's HW problem is not about spec it self. If we only look at spec: Yes a qHD screen is perfectly acceptable, but the spec does't say it's not bright enough even with 100% brightness, spec also doesn't say sunlight readability=0, and colour "colder" than natural. This is what I mean for a "bad" HW, I'm not talking about spec.

For camera, spec-wise 8MP is good enough, but is this 8MP same as N9's 8MP? No! It's even worse than N900's 5MP, this is not spec side.

And overall build quality - I'm sorry, it's a £50 Chinese rip-off Android phone's level.

Originally Posted by pagis View Post
SailfishOS was not complete. We knew all that from the very beginning. Actually the reality is even harder, OS updates are not that simple, core apps need a lot more improvements.

why the complains? BB has delayed their OS release at least for a year and lost in market share badly.
That's ture. but I'm standing on the consumer's side - I want a daily phone with gesture control, real muititasking and a reasonable amount of apps. Then BB10 nowadays performs much better than Jolla on HW and SW side. this is I was trying to say. Jolla could be much better in the future, and I am aware of it's situation and it's efforts. But currently, BB10 is a better opition. (A little bit back to the topic.)

As soon as Jolla announce a new hardware, I will pre-order it at first time, like what I did last year. I like Sailfish OS, but now it's just not as good as blackberry for daily use.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: