View Single Post
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
However it is sounding like Jolla is using the scatter gun approach to their business. Fire off a scatter gun that goes in many directions and see what works.
Not quite, what we have seen over the last few years is a couple of course corrections, not really a scatter gun style approach.

Yes Jolla did make a limited number of phones that only work in certain parts of the world.

Yes Jolla made a tablet and we all know how that went when some are still waiting on a refund.
At first Jolla needed to prove that the operating system could be put on an actual product, the jphone and jtab were examples of that. If they were really successful then more may have followed, they weren't so I won't expect any more from them.

Yes Jolla has worked out deals with China, Russia, and Sony.

But at this point for many of us the only way we are going to get Sailfish is to flash an image on to a phone or tablet.
Now they're doing a B2B or a B2B2G approach where they licence the OS out to other people to make products with. It might look a bit erratic but that's just because they're taking on whatever business they can get.

In order for every day people to get a device with Sailfish, Jolla needs a third-party device maker to want to develop a product, otherwise it won't happen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post: