View Single Post
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Quick question. In the next build I want to remap some keys in kernel, to avoid editing xkb files. Do you think it's a good idea to make Caps Lock => Shift and Shift => Ctrl, or this will cause unneeded confusion?

SYM is going to be Left Alt (needed to allow layout switching combinations, for example). What would be the good use for OK? Currently I have it as \ and | key on my device, which is useful in terminal.
Hi TheKit,

Edit:
IMHO, having a ctrl key would be great, and it'd be like a standard keyboard then (as Macros said, and you'd no doubt thought), so sounds like a good idea to me.
\ and | would be good too, but we also are currently missing : and ; which can be useful? If only we had another spare key!
Probably a stupid idea, but can shift + cursor key be mapped? Then maybe : and ; could be given their proper key and < and > could be shift + left and right cursor keys?

Also, don't know if you've already done this, but in post 33, elros34 suggested how to get the keyboard lights working:

Create ini file in /etc/mce/
[KeyPad]
BrightnessDirectory=/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight // or similar path

I tried putting those 2 lines into a file called 20backlight.ini, and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks

Last edited by moodroid; 2017-08-04 at 09:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post: