View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
That should be doable - I'm using one of the machines in the NLP compute cluster to generate the Monav data. It's a rather powerful computer (48 CPU cores & ~250 GB RAM) and can run a full update (download planet.osm.pbf, split to regional files, convert to Monav data, compress the results to tar.gz archives) in less than 24 hours. The conversion itself takes about 5-6 hours, the rest is "planet splitting".

BTW, the software used to generate the repository lives in the modrana-data-repository repository and it should not be that hard to extend it to generate also libosmscout-compatible data once the format is considered stable enough.

For the Monav data packs I've just used the same region definitions Geofabrik uses on their OSM data download page. They even have polygon files for each area - this is what I use to generate the regional *.osm.pbf files with osmosis from a fresh planet.osm.pbf file. No need to download all their PBF files every time the repository is updated.
It would be great if you could subscribe to https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/...ut-development and introduce your options to distribute maps to the list. I'll mention this discussion over there as well. Lukas has been working on generating the maps for distribution and maybe you together could come up with some great solution. Through direct communication between you and Lukas we would ensure that your experience is not lost in translation

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: