View Single Post
To be quite honest, I don't know why I did not think about these devices before on my hunt for a viable tool. Maybe it was the initial reviews (if you are NOT linux savvy, avoid), maybe other things, but, I have been messing around with Treo's, my linux based Lime unRAID server (if you are looking for a viable, financially achievable media server, (4.4TB and counting), you can't beat it)), I guess I have gotten a bit more ambitious.

At the price for the 770 at the moment, they are very atractive, the 800 is too much.

I am not at home at the moment (central asia) so my answers will be about 14 hours out, please bear with me.

nedim:

The house is about 7-8 months away from completion so i will try to keep everybody abreast of progress but trust me, with work, 2 kids and general Wife/Wishlist duties that may be patchy.

Just so you guys get a feel for my skills before you baffle me with Linux speak, I am a software engineer, but nowhere near the IT side. I do industrial control systems, so, although I understand most things and graphics very well, I am used to ladder logic, not machine code, although, in my early days I messed around with a TINY bit of graphics based on a UNIX platform, but this was 1998.

So, to that end, I will alllow my HA systems guy to do the initial graphics for the systems because his system is proprietary (go figure at $150 an hour), I will probably take over after he has done his official work.

Are there any packages that I can use to replicate his graphics (layouts for the security, overview screens etc) in Linux that will run on the 770?

Basically, what I need is to know the correct build, firmware and card size for these three units. So many questions, so little time.