View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
What is debian-mouse-landscape.sh and where can we see it? If it's meant to allow using a USB mouse in landscape, then check this out: https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtec...ment-680788660 It will work for both SFOS and the container and even supports orientation changes.

The symlink between /home/nemo and /home/defaultuser is indeed the current workaround (and is also useful for many outdated apps on Openrepos) but hopefully we can avoid that soon if the forked daemon.py fixes the issue.

Thanks for noticing this issue with the mount entry. I think this is the first time this is reported, this will need some further investigation, as I have no idea where this comes from if it used to work fine on other devices.

Once we figure out the causes and solutions to all these issues, we'll need to work on a PR for harbour-containers and lxc-templates. And ideally, add some documentation too for future users, because LXC can be really great but can be intimidating at first (quirks with the installation we're discussing here, then desktop configuration).

Audio is working for me on my Pro1, with some limitations, like some sounds cannot be muted from the hardware volume buttons (which control the Sailfish volume): I think it mostly concerns terminal applications as I observed that only with the terminal bell and cmus music player. It's a non-issue for me though since the terminal bell usually is opt-in and configurable, and cmus has its own volume setting that can be set with - and + keys. I don't remember doing anything special to get audio to work, except maybe installing pavucontrol.

Regarding Fn keys, do you observe some output in xev? How keys are handled has never been clear to me on Pro1 either, and I believe it's mostly due to the fact that some keys might be intercepted by Sailfish before LXC sees them. For instance, the F(x) key on my Pro1 shows the SFOS homescreen even when I press it while in LXC, meaning its action is not constrained to the container (and I couldn't set it to Super in LXC). Same with Alt+Tab with Adam's taskswitcher daemon on, it intercepts the keybinding and triggers the SFOS taskswitcher (which is not necessarily a bad thing). The most annoying thing for me is I cannot distinguish Alt and the two yellow arrows, they all act as Right Alt, despite different keycodes in my xkb keymap and in xev output. Even if I try to alter them with Xmodmap and change one to Super for instance, the Xmodmap output will confirm that the change is in effect, but nothing will actually change. Xmodmap being ineffective may be related to using Xwayland. But I'm still desperately trying to distinguish Left Alt from Right Alt and I still haven't succeeded. I think I must have posted about it somewhere on Github or on Sailfish/Fxtec channels on IRC/Telegram/Discord.

My latest attempt was to compile kmonad (which went really smooth on ARM, the dev didn't know if it would work) since this is a really powerful tool for keyboard customization (supports multitaps, holds, layers, commands, macros, etc.) and I got it to run, but unfortunately I'm getting an error when trying to load my keyboard device into it (I did add a mount entry for /dev/input in my LXC config, but maybe I still have permissions issues to access it from LXC?). If we get this to work, I'm sure Fn keys could be supported too. However I still don't understand if Sailfish intercepting keys and changing their effect despite different keycodes is something we can work around (and if so, probably from Sailfish and not the container) or if it cannot be solved.
Scripts are from op here...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: