View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by assetburned View Post
maybe it will be integrated into the native camera app, but since nokia is slowly getting less interested in the N900 some developer should do it instead.
The native Maemo camera app is closed source and not really available to modify.

It was a Nokia collaboration that brought us FCamera and the developers are looking for someone to pick it up (open source project) and run with it now that they are done (they were graduate students and are now trying to graduate and move on).

I agree it would be nice to have one app that combines the features. FCamera++ is the obvious approach but needs a lead developer.

One feature i'm particularly missing is a simple timer. It exists in the modified FCamera code used for time lapse photography, and i'm hoping the developer will release his code or update it to work with the latest FCamera.

There's some great tools for photography with the N900... but the experience could use a bit of polish.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful