View Single Post
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
FROM NEWBIE TO POWER USER

PART III Kernel power and u-boot

1 - assumig you do this after memory repartition- go to HAM or better FAM and uninstall backupmenu
2 - install rootsh and filebox from HAM or FAM
3 - this time you'll have to install FAM becase HAM does not properly install Pali's latest kernel power v52
4 - install u-boot with kernel 2.6.28-omap1
5 - install linux kernel for power user v52, linux kernel for power user boot image for u-boot and linux kernel for power user settings and oveclock
6 - go to x-term and type
PHP Code:
u-boot-update-bootmenu 
7 - restart the phone with opened keboard. u-boot should appear with kernel power v52 as the second item. select it
*Note- if uboot menu does not update, although everithing went ok, and bootmenu.scr and bootmenu.img.d are in MyDocs, You might want to format mass memory with pc and then retype the above command in x-term.(that was my case and i didn't know what to do, the u-boot menu simply did not update and i could not boot into kernel power v52, i just accidentaly discovered that this is the solution)
9 - go to x-term and type
PHP Code:
uname -
if everithing was ok it should appear 2.6.28.10-power52
Here are more info about u-boot: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81613
*Note- Multiboot support for kernel power v52 was finally dropped - that is a good thing becase multiboot writes data everytime it is used to internal memory- and like any other memory, the n900's memory have a limited number of writes

PART IV nitdroid

!!BEFORE INSTALLING NITDROID INSTALL MAEMO CSSU AND CSSU TESTING OTHERWISE WIFI, BLUETOOTH, BATTERY METER WILL NOT WORK ON ANDROID !!

1 - assuming you do this after u-boot instalation, download N12_UMay from here: http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/ an the nitdroid kernel 7 rc7 also from there
2 - download the files from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8vj...OE0/edit?pli=1 and copy all the downloaded files to n900's mass memory (MyDocs)
3 - open filebox go to settings and thick "enable root access" and "show hidden files and folders"
4 - go to /etc folder and create a new folder named "multiboot.d" (it is necessary for nitdroid kernel to be properly installed).
5 - open x-term type "root" and all of these commands one at a time, pressing enter after each and wait for everyone to complete it's task
PHP Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 
-d N12_UMay.tar.bz2
cd 
/home
mkdir 
/and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N12_UMay.tar
dpkg 
-/home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb 
after that close x-term
6 - now copy with filebox the "50-cm900.item" file to /etc/bootmenu.d/
7 - copy "Uimage" and "init.nokia.rc" files to /home, confirm replace for "init.nokia.rc"
8 - copy "init_subsys" to /home/system/maemo/bin/ confirm replace
9 - go to x-term and type
PHP Code:
u-boot-update-bootmenu 
10 - reboot with keboard opened and select the CM900 item. First boot of android will take a while, also if you can't get pass the "touch android to begin" screen, reboot the phone and select CM900 item again.
*Note- the "50-cm900.item" file from here is modified by me, for my memory configuration (10gb ext3 and 19gb MyDocs). If you choosed another config when partitioned the memory, edit that file with notepad to suit your configuration.
*Note 2- If you migrate from multiboot to u-boot simply uninstall multiboot, install uboot, copy the files from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8vj...OE0/edit?pli=1 to the specified folders, make sure multiboot.d folder remained in /etc, if not create one, and install nitdroid kernel 7 rc7. Also don't forget to update u-boot-bootmenu - That was the brief tutorial "how to move from multiboot to uboot" that a member requested.

[/I][/B]
just bumping this to show that this still works after all these years and successfully installed NITDROID with ubiboot for those who want to know. of course now kernel-power is now version 53. Thanks ryu1.

The Following User Says Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post: