View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
What about this from Jolla blog !

BraapBraap on August 10, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Seriously WTF?!?!?
PR/Marketing according to Jolla:
1) Make big, exciting announcement regarding some new development/product to keep stringing people along lest they get tired of forever hanging on for Jolla to deliver or turn to a product already available on the market.
2) Make sure this announcement is made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance of new development/product actually being available to purchase.
3) When pressed on release dates , eh, just aim for a random Q date, ensuring that its far off enough in the future to actually give ourselves a chance to deliver on whatever crazy promise we might have made!
4) From that point onwards be really vague about any updates regarding how new development/product is developing.
5) Then a few months later, simply act like there was never an announcement in the first place!
6) If customers become snarky or pushy, remember to hide behind the excuse that we are a very small team and that they are now being unrealistic in their expectations. (At no point should Jolla staff refer back to original statement should it show that we have yet to deliver on our promised new development/product!)
7) Rinse & Repeat!

I do for instance agree with all points, but if i want to reply on the official Jolla blog my messages/replies are blocked or removed by the moderators there, am in a blacklist lol?
No, you are not. I doubt that. As far as I understand they have to accept new members before comments are visible. And that might take a while since they slowly abandon the blog and refund.

Edit: If you want me to ask in the blog post, just say so and we can figure out what’s going on.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-08-11 at 15:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: