View Single Post
I'm considering buying an n900, but some sort of document functionality is very important to me, I need to be able to edit documents as well as just viewing them. I've been all over Google and this forum for the last couple of hours, and I'm still getting conflicting information.

Does the version of Documents to Go pre-installed on the n900 (once paid for and upgraded) allow users to edit documents (i.e. .doc files)? I don't need Excel or anything, just Word. I've seen some people say you can, and others say you can't, so a simple yes or no from people who actually have the phone would be appreciated.

If not, what are the easy alternatives for word processing on the go?

I don't want to have to fuss around with installing other programs just to be able to create documents from my phone when I've been doing it on my e61 and x1 for years. I don't mind making a once-off payment for software so long as it actually works. Cloud computing is a good idea but I don't want to have to be online permanently both because my provider doesn't have a very high data allowance and because I don't want to kill the battery, so Google Docs etc are no use, I want an installable program like I have on my current phone.

Answers appreciated!