View Single Post
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
The time has come to retire my N900 and find something else (non iOS or Android) that can fill the role of the N900. After looking at the devices with Sailfish adaptation I settled with the Moto G4 Plus with 4GB RAM and 64GB Flash.

The install instructions I took from here.

It seemed that most things should be working but with couple hopefully minor bugs. I have been experimenting with this nearly two weeks now. Until today the phone functions, SMSes, and most other things seemed very funky... The claimed proximity sensor issue was the most annoying that prevented using phone unless ps was disabled.

I crawled through the root filesystem looking for various configuration files to see what might be wrong. I found a file where single vs dual SIM setup was configured and the second SIM slot was enabled there. (/etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf: There was a note to not enable it unless you really have dual SIM phone.) I did comment out the second SIM lines and to my great surprise the first time I was able to see the cell network status icon with 4G! Also the pull down menus to enable/disable airplane mode and turning on/off Bluetooth started to work properly. Once in lock screen pressing power button once brings me to the Jolla home screen when before it I just had spinning circle.. I need to try if I can enable the wake on screen with double tap now...

It just seems so strange that just a little fix seems to make a huge difference for almost everything...

At this point most everything works except video recording. That should be the next thing to put effort. This is close to becoming a viable daily driver!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post: