View Single Post
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ vancouver washington usa
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
What sort of anti-app sentiment? i can't say I feel it, unless you're using app in an iPhoney sense of "trivial re-presentation of data from a website" to distinguish them from applications which actually do something like control the device in some new way or process data in some way...
No I'm not talking about useless iphone apps, I'm referring to this thread and many other request threads where people are asking for an app and other people are trying to convince them it's not needed (ex. Frostwire). If developers see the large response against some requests they would be less likely to make an app for it. I see perfectly good ideas argued to death sometimes, it makes me disappointed in the community when it is held back. Maybe I'm dragging up the past but it's silly to argue against an app that someone else wants but it still shows up in nearly all request threads saying the app can't be made or shouldn't be. If there is a few people that want an app there is a good chance that the silent majority will want it, no need to talk the potential developer out of building it.

The Following User Says Thank You to simmy For This Useful Post: