View Single Post
Just got KDE + CUPS + Koffice working on my n800. Thanks a lot. Printing and apps all seem to work. I guess I can ditch the laptop at school and just put my n800 and su8w (and my cell phone i suppose) in my pockets. Unfortunately in Diablo the deb pkg didn't install. It would start and it would use up all the space but give me an error in the end and not function. Don't know exactly what went wrong but the bz2 and sup tgz worked fine. The printing worked great too. Now this n800 has a new place in my heart considering I can do all the things I was hoping to do on it when I first bought it almost 8 months ago.

There is one problem though. I know it's a small screen and fitting things onto it at what most would consider a low res is a difficult thing to do but certain apps (like kopete) have buttons in option menus (like the OK button) that are outside the view of the screen and I tried whatever I could to try to correct it. I think in a little while I am just going to ssh into it and see if I can forward the programs, change the options, and exit in order to get it all of it correct. This seems like the only available option (even though I haven't tested it yet).

Thanks a ton for the project. I can't wait to not have to lug a laptop around. Even though laptops aren't that big... why bother when you can carry a laptop in your pockets?