View Single Post
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Also, even if the Android emulation layer is available, it is quickly approaching obsolescence on all the older devices & Xperia X due to only suportiong Android 4.4.x API level, so it's possible up to date Android browsers will no longer run on it.
I completely agree with your post, but to tide us over there are two browsers that support Android 4.4 that I am using successfully on my Xperia X, and claim to respect users' privacy:

Bromite - available via their own F-droid repo or direct download

Qwant browser - it has improved a lot on the Xperia X since the last major upgrade. (This is a reversal of the usual trend, when a major update of an Android app can break it on the Xperia X ) Installing it is a bit convoluted now that the search in Yalp is broken, but I do things like this by downloading the apk using a desktop browser plugin like "APK Downloader for Google Play Store" in Brave, transferring it to the phone and installing it directly. Yalp can then keep it up to date.

Last edited by pacman; 2019-11-04 at 11:05. Reason: Updated link to Qwant browser

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post: