View Single Post
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping for a little bit of advice. Long story short, I had an N900 back in 2009-2010 and I loved it to pieces. It broke after 9 months and Nokia refused to do anything about it and instead offered me an N97 (insulting, right?) in its place. I swore blind Nokia would never get a penny of my money ever again, took the N97, sold it and got my first Android device (a G1) and I've been using Android since.

I'm now pining to have an N900 again since you can pick them up for around £60 as I'm bored of Android, and none of the other platforms take my fancy. I'm not stupidly invested in Google's ecosystem and could give most of it up fairly easily, however I'd like to find out if there is any compatibility/a workaround for some of these things, if anyone could shed some insight it would be really appreciated.
  • 1) I've had a search and I can see Google Chrome works, but how good is the bookmark syncing? I use this alot
  • 2) Would Google Drive work at all?
  • 3) How about Google Music? I use the £9.99 a month all access subscription and I save music to my device so I don't need to steam.
  • 4) Do any other Android apps work (Flipboard, etc)

I'm also considering just keeping my HTC One and just keeping it in flight mode to use it as more of a media device. However if I can find a satisfactory solution to all of my above queries then I would just throw the One in a draw and use it if I really had to.

Last edited by aspeckt1; 2014-06-25 at 12:47. Reason: I'm an idiot