View Single Post
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
Yes exactly, it's not a usb hub, its the same port. I wanted to no longer carry usb adapters or Y cable with me.
As for the solar panel, you are right, it's kind of useless, but it doesen't bother me (i barely notice its presence on the back). And about diodes, i simply couldn't find anymore space for them but i sticked a tape on the contacts (you can see it in the last picture), so in everyday use the panel does not make contact with the battery. However that was a proof of concept only to show that it is possible. Back in the days of symbian, i was out on a trip for one week, and my nokia n70 depleeted its battery in the first day, and there was no place to charge so i could not power the phone on at all, and i really nedded to check email, but that was not possible.

As a side note - let's keep the discution more on-topic. The reason i did not hold the phone with my hand was becase the phone i used to take the pictures (nokia e72) was with problems, so i had to keep one button pressed to focus and another button to take the photo. I always thought maemo.org is a respecable site where we discuss ideas, not social networking crap.
It was an Joke, a Joke FFS Back to the topic, like in previous posts, I as well think that the solar panel isn't much needed due to it's lack to be suffictient. There is pleanty good quality and bigger (i.e. more effective) solar pannels we can use for charging while outdoors.
Them all can be used with N900, only not when on the move I suppose (because need to watch out for mUSB port). But now You don't have to think about it.

I always wanted to use solar panel attached to back pack, charging N900, and be able to walk forward thru hard and bumpy terrain.

Remember to smile from time to time, smile is good for You

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post: