View Single Post
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Won't happen. It looks as if open standards are on the decline. Especially Apple has proven that you can make big, BIG bucks using extremely closed standards.
Just for the sake of information, what closed standards of Apple are you talking about? What standards is Apple using that are closed?

Edit: Not particularly directed to Fuzzilogic, but it is always funny to see people (and media) to pretend as if Apple is the bad guy pushing closed standards and others following them.
The mess in the document format was created by Microsoft and everybody just seem to think that is acceptable and normal. I have to deal with it every time at uni, when I am forced to use Excel and Word over other better and/or free alternatives.
Or the mess of MS blocking MSN integration in the likes of Adium and Fire. Microsoft thrives by forcing people to use their software.

The way MS gives you freedom to install Windows on any pc as long as you buy a license is the same freedom Google gives you in using their products as long as you pay by giving them your user data.

As far as I know you were always free to export your data from the Mac platform/ Apple software. Not so true about MS software in my experience.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Last edited by The Wizard of Huz; 2013-05-18 at 15:27.