View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Oh wow, I did not know about Shift+Click Mosen actually, I have been trying all sorts of long press or Control+tap, but somehow missed Shift. Awesome.

taixzo, seeing your screenshot, it seems your xfce4 panel actually is there, but was (accidentally) resized and moved to the middle of your desktop (on the right). Since you haven't installed anything yet, I would just try reinstalling ubu-chroot from scratch. Unless there is a keyboard shortcut to bring the application menu, but I don't think that is possible before the F(x) key is recognized as Super at the kernel level.

You can launch Firefox in its standalone window without xfce using "./desktop/ubu-exec.sh xwayland ApplicationName", have a look at an example .desktop file for Tilix here: https://github.com/elros34/sailfish_...ment-573185058. You can try from command line first and then make a .desktop file when confirmed to work, but I think I already did it in the past when someone asked and posted a screenshot of it somewhere.

To be honest, I realized after opening the above issue that I very rarely use ubu-chroot without xfce4. The powerful multitasking within the DE is just too much to miss when using keyboard shortcuts, and setting another keyboard shortcut for "Toggle fullscreen" in the global settings results in the exact same appearance (well except for Chromium actually because fullscreen hides the tab bar and address field), without the need to adjust DPI. I have not properly compared battery life with or without xfce4 running, however.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-29 at 16:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: