View Single Post
Originally Posted by marcianx View Post
I have an N800 with OS2008. I have a strange thing happen. It paired perfectly fine, and when I hit a key on the keyboard, a bluetooth connection is automatically made between the iGo and the N800. If the screen of the N800 was off, it turns on when I tap on the keyboard, which means that it's getting some signal from the keyboard. However, when I type, nothing comes up on the screen. It's as if OS2008 is acknowledging that it's getting input, but then discarding the input afterward.

No combination of starting from scratch (i.e. removing keyboard MAC references from /var/log/bluetooth/<MAC>/* and rebooting) has changed this. After I couldn't fix the problem after a lot of trying the first time, I reflashed the N800 and it started working perfectly. Then I installed a lot of software and at some point after my last install, it stopped working. I don't think it's correlated with the last couple of things I installed. But it may be correlated with some other application that ran. I tried the above solutions again (not the reflashing), and also tried removing spaces from the keyboard name, and rebooting every time. I'm still stuck with the same behavior. Reflashing/reinstalling takes too long. Any clues on what else to try?
Um....strange "solution"....

All this time my charger was plugged in, and I didn't unplug it. Once I did, the keyboard started to work properly again. Happy/confused me!