View Single Post
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I think there is a couple of different issues going on. I have now just toasted my second N800. Just as the first one and as this title states "boots 3 seconds and dies"
(snip)

Is there a way to unpack the entire image, mine always dies after unpacking kernel, rootfs, initfs, 2nd image dies? Is this what is needed for cold flash, would cold flash possibly fix it, i dont know. POOOOP!!!!

ANY BRAINIACS GOT ANYTHING TO TRY.
Did you try enabling/disabling R&D mode before and after flashing like I suggested? I went through the same process you did, flashing the entire thing, just the initfs, etc. Nothing fixed it until I toggled R&D mode before flashing, and then again after I flashed. Honestly I can't remember if I turned it off then flashed, then turned it back on or the other way around. The end result was it stopped the 3-second powerdown/reboot cycle when nothing else would touch it. Cold flashing is not an option since you need a serial connection to the port on the device. Sorry to hear you had to go through the hassle of replacing it.

Larry