View Single Post
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
1. Can be done with Capacitive screens too. See the Note series
2. Again, this is possible with (expensive) capacitive screens
3. I use my S8+ with gloves on.. What are you talking about
4. Using glass has NOTHING to do with capacitive screens. Look at the Nintendo Switch. It has a capacitive screen, but doesn't use glass!
5. Again, possible with capacity screens (Samsung Note series)
6. ??

I don't understand why people still don't know about these things....
We're in 2019..
I do actually understand a lot of things. But never claim to know everything.

1. True, but very few. vers. most if not all the resistive screen can support this.
2. So would be interesting what percentage can support this well. Expensive is not a great answer since it will exclude many people.
3. That's awesome for the s8. I'm talking about not needing special gloves. So if you just got off the ski slope and can use your s8 with thick winter glove with out special touch area ... I would be very surprised and learn something new.
4. You make a great point here. However how many phones that are capacitive are using plastic these days beside folding ... and maybe super low-end.
5. Hold up you can use a toothbrush on a note to make selection and draw? I don't remember seeing or hearing this. Would love a link in a video.
6. Oops, miss the corrections. updated it thanks. Meant hit small point when using VNC to remote into your desktop.

I understand you have very strong options on Capacitive and Resistive. And I'm not saying that we should go back to older tech. The iPad with the pencil has proven to be very versatile. If they added it to an iPhonePro it might even be more popular that the note

But as good as capacitive is in many areas, it has it flaws like most tech including resistive.

The list was to put down capacitive as much as just answer a question that was asked

Cheers
x

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post: