Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Now, in terms of geocoders. I would like to know if anyone is using Photon as a geocoder. If not, I'd suggest to try and report back. Photon supports search-as-you-type and should also allow to bias results towards some location.
could you please explain step by step how to do that. Honestly i confess to not have mastered the Pure Maps learning curve completely.

2a. Exit was already fixed at transifex. I am using 1.8.0 from openrepos, maybe it is not yet present there?

2b-c-d. I was under the impression the signs are already localized and editable per country, only judging from the nice blue color the german ones sport I am totally aware of the differences in EU "signing" and my comments are to be seen in light of the possibility to have perfectly real life resembling signs per country So that's what i am apparently asking for.

3a-b.
Pardon my ignorance. As you can see i have not fully understood Pure Maps. It makes perfect sense now but i guess you do not want to explain to each user individually My humble user expectation to a navigation system foremost is to know where i am at any time. If that info is not possible, inform me please. Maybe a top red bar saying "awaiting GPS fix" like Waze is doing it. But as soon as GPS is fixed and differs from last location, move the view to my current location and follow me if i am moving. Else i feel lost
If the gps fix is wrong for whatever reason, well still show me where you think i am so i can judge for myself if that is correct.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: