View Single Post
Well, amigos, after updating to SFOS 3.4.0.24 today, the Android rotation problem returned on one of my XA2 Ultras. The other identical model phone was not affected. Coincidentally, I also flashed a new standard XA2 phone directly to 3.4 with the latest download from Jolla store and it developed the Android rotation problem right out of the box. So strange and random! Unfortunately, the above fixes that were successful with previous SFOS versions are not working for me now with SFOS 3.4.

I eventually managed to find the following workaround, which works consistently but is not ideal:

1. Install the latest 9.3.1-1 Aliendalvik Control from Open Repos
2. Open Settings->Aliendalvik Control
3. Click Settings then Display and turn OFF Auto-rotate screen
4. Exit and reopen AlienDalvik Control.
5. Click Settings then Display and turn ON Auto-rotate screen
6. Stop Alien Dalvik in Settings->Android App Support
7. Launch an Android app and it will automatically restart Dalvik.
8. Confirm that rotation works properly in the Android app

I found that after powering off the device, the problem returns and the above steps 2-8 have to be taken again. I'd rather avoid Aliendalvik Control and repetition of steps after every reboot, but this was the only viable option that worked on both of my affected phones. If I manage to figure out a better, permanent fix, I'll post it here, but for now this is the best I have. Of course, if anyone else identifies a proper fix, please share. This problem doesn't seem to be very widespread in the community, but I hope the info is helpful to others.

Best Wishes,

PK

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paulwk For This Useful Post: