View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I wonder if anyone else has observed these weird issues. I have been observing them for quite some time, at least the last two updates. Maybe three. They are mostly amusing, none of them are irritating enough to trigger a serious investigation, so I may be a bit hazy on details.

1. YouTube playback
When playing a YouTube video in stock Browser, the video sometimes randomly skips back a few seconds. When and by how much seems completely random. It can be anything between maybe half a second and 3 seconds. Admittedly the frequency of such glitches has dropped since the last update but not disappeared altogether.

2. YouTube comments
Posting a reply to a YouTube comment is extremely tricky. Tapping the post pops up a context menu with "Like, Dislike, Reply, Report". More often than not, I have to tap several times to even get the menu. Once I get it, most of the times selecting Reply does nothing at all, just closes the menu. The rest of the times selecting Reply opens the editing box, whilst simultaneously jumping to the previously played video, thus rendering the edit box entirely useless.
Workaround: open the video in a second tab. I still need several attempts to get the context menu working but then the replying usually works. Usually. Not always.

3. Where is the wake up jingle?
ISTR that my phone used to jingle after I woke up the screen and passed the security code page, but it is now gone. I even seem to remember that it briefly returns after an OS update, but goes away after a while (like a day or two), but I may be confusing things.

4. Exchange sync
Exchange sync works for maximum a couple of weeks. Then it stops syncing and I have to reboot the phone to kick start it again. I do not know how long exactly because I usually use my work PC for work emails. I only notice it when I am expecting an email out of office hours (or, as recently, while I was sick at home) and it fails to arrive. Then I realize, "oh, I haven't rebooted for a while".

5. Multiple WiFi access points
I have two access points in my house and after a few switches from one to the other, I can no longer access the web. The icon says I am still connected but any internet connection times out.
Workaround: sometimes it helps to turn on aeroplane mode, wait 10 seconds, then turn it off again. One in 5 to 10 times that does not help and I have to reboot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: