Thread: 2.1.0/Iijoki EA
View Single Post
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I used to have issues on the original Jolla phone (with is notorious for its BTRFS balancing issues), but I haven't had it on the JollaC. I now use an sd card, and make sure that the camera stores pics in there, and have also moved any docs over.

Some general housekeeping like deleting browser cache (and maybe from some android apps too) might help to.

Code:
du -h --max-depth=1 | grep M
will give you the disk usage of each directory in the current location, and is a good starter for tracking down the guilty apps.

On my desktop PC a program called Acestream had gigabytes locked up in useless cache files.
The problem is that both user data (pics, browser cache) and Android apps are on different partitions than the one we have problem with.
I have 4.5GB free space on /home/nemo and also deleting Android apps has no effect on the system partition (where I had ~300MB of space available before this update). I had to delete Kodi, /opt/sdk and AlienDalvik this time in order to get to the required 500MB of free space.
Of course, there could be some logs taking space, but needless to say, whatever you do with it, ~2.5GB for the system partition is far too small.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post: